Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Wrong everything

My world has officially gone to hell.  Mark had an affair and has moved out, for now.  I'm not sure about what to do for tryouts next week for any of my kids, and then yesterday I walked in on Brittney who was sitting on her bed with Jamie.  Kissing.  Brittney is 12 and Jamie is 14.  Jamie plays on the U15 Silver team.  The Girls U15 Silver team.  My 12 year old daughter is kissing another girl and they're both too young to drive.  At first I just walked out of her room and shut the door.  But then I came to my senses and told Jamie to get out.  Which just set Brittney off.  She said she knows why Mark isn't here and she knows about dad and Dorrie.  And that it's been going on for a while.  And that she heard Mark say to Dorrie that he loves her and Dorrie said she loves Mark.  And Brittney blames me for all this. 

After calming down we were able to talk.  We went to the back porch so I could smoke.  It turned out each of us needed a cigarette.  I told her that 12 years old is too young for such kissing.  I was going to have 'the talk' with her soon enough, but if she's going to spend the next few years kissing girls instead of boys, maybe I can put that off for a while.  I just told her to slow things down.  Then she dropped the other bomb on me.  She told me that she's been seeing Jamie for months now and wants to go to the spring school dance with her.  As a couple.  She said they can each go as an individual and meet up when inside but they would rather go together.  My head started spinning.  I can't deal with this right now.  Everyone wants their kids to be happy in life, but right now this is too much to take.  Maybe after a big glass of wine I can figure this out, but not now.  Just get me through the tryouts next week.

I just want to wake up and have this all be a dream.  A nightmare.  At least this crazy home life hasn't affected Kaitlyn or Cole as far as I know.  Kaitlyn stays in her room with the door shut, studying.  And Cole doesn't seem to notice a thing.  Mark didn't call yesterday.  I certainly wasn't looking forward to a conversation but I was even madder that he didn't call.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have really lost your focus. Why are you getting so worked up about all this cheating/smoking/teenage kissing crap? What does any of that have to do with tryouts?

    I don't get it, you seemed to be so enlightened and centered before, now you are going off on these crazy tangents. Keep your eye on the ball, Soccer Mom, or your shot is going to completely fly over the crossbars. You seem to have an anxiety issue -- maybe try valium if you can't get your errant emotions under control.

    Since when is it strange to hear about a gifted female soccer athlete who is interested in girls? Ever heard of Megan Rapinoe or Abby Wambach? Get a grip. And get Britt e-cigarettes to let her continue her teenage foray into smoking without inflicting permanent damage to her lungs -- she's going to need those when she makes the womens U17 national team. And for God's sake, take her out and get her a dress to wear to the dance (or tux, depending on what she prefers).

    The Mark thing will blow over, just ignore it for now and get back to work.

    A good soccer Mom always problem-solves and provides solutions, they don't wallow in self-pity and confusion like you are doing now. None of these things are even issues, you are just over-dramatizing and in the process wreaking havoc on your family. How are the girls supposed to continue their soccer careers if you aren't focused?

    And here I was thinking I found a kindred spirit... I am deeply disappointed...

    ReplyDelete