Sunday, May 5, 2013

End of the spring season

With Kaitlyn's tournament over - they came in second place - the spring season is officiall over at KCSA.  Unfortunately her team went out with a wimper instead of a bang.  They won both their games yesterday and tied the morning game today but then fell apart in the finals.  I think Kaitlyn was the only player out there not exhausted from the heat.  These girls need better conditioning.  I don't know why they don't take the soccer season more seriously.  I work so hard to make sure my girls are ready to go, everything from extra training to a personal coach, and some of her teammates are more worried about basketball or volleyball.  While yesterday I thought this team should stay together, now I'm hoping they weed out the non-committed at the tryouts and pick up some girls who have a better attitude.  Kaitlyn was quiet after the game.  She's really been withdrawn lately.  I know this has to do with Mark.

Just like yesterday, Brittney decided to spend today with those same girls instead of me, walking around Kings Court watching all the tournament games.  I'm glad she has a new group of friends but I wish they were her own age; I guess only a year or two older doesn't make much of a difference.  She's been moody the past couple of weeks and I think she knows what's going on with me and Mark.

I told her to meet us at the fieldhouse at 3:00 after Kaitlyn's final game and she was 20 minutes late.  Her pack of girls came running out of the woods, laughing, and when I asked why she was late she rolled her eyes and got mad before explaining they were down on the lower fields watching a game and took a shortcut in the woods back to the main complex.  She's got to be more responsible and start wearing a watch.  I'm not ready for her moody teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment