Friday, May 17, 2013

Finale

Brittney looked great when she was dressed and ready to go to the dance.  Maybe too much dark red lipstick, but I probably wore too much at her age as well.  She was so nervous she paced on the porch in her heels smoking while waiting for Jamie.

Laurie came over around 5:30 with Jamie to pick up Brittney.  Both girls looked beautiful.  Jamie is a very cute girl - probably too old to be called 'cute', she's attractice - and her dress was fabulous.  They gave eachother corsages to wear on their wrists.  Laurie took lots of pictures.  I took a few.  I reminded Brittney that her curfew was 11:00, which shouldn't be a problem since the dance gets over at 9:30.  Laurie reinforced that she would pick them up after the dance and have Britts home in time.  I removed the cigarettes from Brittney's purse; no smoking on school property - plus I was running low.  Then they walked to Laurie's car and headed off to the dance.  Does Mark know or care about this?

I poured a large glass of wine afterwards and broke my own rule about not smoking inside the house.  I have some phone calls to make and no clue as to what to do.

1 comment: