Sunday, May 12, 2013

Last sleep before tryouts

I tried to just keep this a low key day.  Tryouts for Brittney, Kaitlyn and Cole start tomorrow and Brittney has two clubs to try out for.  I dragged all the kids to church this morning - first time in months - and tried to bring some semblence of normalcy back in our lives.  Speaking of normal, I met Brittney's girlfriend's mother today.  LOL.  I can't believe I typed that sentence.  Laurie came over to pick up Jamie this afternoon, who we picked up at the library earlier and brought to our house.  Laurie seems nice; she's been a single mother for about 10 years and Jamie is her only child.  Nothing about this upcoming dance seems to phase her.  She isn't concerned that her daughter is 'dating' another girl or that they hold hands in public.  I'm not sure she knows I caught them kissing but I guess she wouldn't even have an issue with that.  She lets Jamie smoke in the house and doesn't see it as a problem - which I guess is good because both girls were smoking on the deck as they waited for Laurie to take Jamie home.

We spoke for just a few minutes and then somehow the issue of a dress for the dance came up.  I hadn't thought about a dress for Britts.  This whole dance didn't seem like reality until today, and now it's only five days off.  I sure hope Brittney wants to wear a dress to this dance instead of pants and a tie.  I'm not sure what these couples wear.  Thankfully Laurie told me that both girls want to wear dresses.  They've been to a second-hand clothing store and found two they really like and put a deposit on them.  When did this happen?  Laurie took both girls two week ago, before they told me they wanted to go to the dance.  Like putting the cart before the horse.  Which means Laurie has known that Britts and Jamie wanted to go to the dance for quite some time.  Why am I always the last to know?  Anyway, with tryouts coming up all week I'm not sure we'd have time to go shopping.  Thankfully all I have to do now is go to the store and pick up the dress.  My head started reeling right about then.  I think Laurie sensed it because she was ready to leave at this point.

But back to the tryouts.  All my kids have tryouts at Kings Court starting tomorrow and they run through Thursday, from 4:15 to 5:30.  Then Brittney has PCSL tryouts Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-7:30.  Plenty of time to get between the fields for the two clubs.  I still have to work out some logistics about getting all the kids after tryouts so we can head over to PCSL, and we also have to keep the PCSL tryouts a secret for now.

Happy Mother's Day to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment