Thursday, May 16, 2013

Final day of tryouts

One final evening of tryouts and then it's all over.  It just can't come fast enough.

I'm getting concerned about Cole.  After tryouts, on the ride back home, all he talked about was wanting to play baseball in the fall.  Amazing.  I'm pushing him for success at the best soccer club in the state and he's worried about another sport.  I hate Mark for re-igniting his desire to play baseball, but if that's the way it works out then Mark can drive Cole to and from all practices.  I'm a soccer mom, not a baseball mom.  I won't have anything to do with any possible baseball activities.  Maybe Dorrie can cart Cole back and forth to baseball.

Kaitlyn had a great full day at KCSA.  We didn't have to run off to PCSL afterwards and I think she left it all out on the field during tryouts.  She's such a good passer but needs to work on her shooting.  I get the feeling she'll make the top team again this year.  Then we'll just have to weigh the offer from PCSL.

Brittney is another story.  Apparently Jamie and some other girls got close to the fields yesterday at tryouts and were distracting her.  I don't think she had a bad tryout, but she didn't give her best effort because I watched her numerous times look over at the group of older girls and wave.  This is the same group she hung out with during Kaitlyn's final tournament.  I know Jamie likes girls instead of boys and I'm not sure if the other girls in this group are the same.  But Brittney was just couldn't stop looking over at them numerous times during the 90 minutes, waving and laughing.  And they all seem older, about Jamie's age.  I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not.  I'm really hoping they don't show up tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment