Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Halfway home

Tryouts are now half over.  Kaitlyn only has to go to the Kings Court tryouts tonight since PCSL has an off night before both clubs finish up their tryouts tomorrow evening.  It's pitiful to watch some of the parents during and after tryouts.  There are those who scream at their kids, watching their every move and critcising things they do wrong.  Others wait until tryouts are done to approach the coaches and try to get any tidbit of information on how their daughters compare to everyone else.  It's pathetic in ways.  I prefer to watch from a distance, which for Kings Court means standing either by the woods or on the sidewalk where I can have a cigarette and pace.  I guess to each their own.

As for my kids, they each deal with it differently.  Brittney doesn't feel any stress at all.  She's never had an issue with tryouts.  This year there's even less stress because I'm not sure her heart is into it.  I joked yesterday that if she didn't bring her 'A' game to tryouts each night she might end up on the Silver team.  In years past this would get her a little worked up, but she just let it roll off her back and she said that being on Silver might be more fun than Gold.  Now 'fun' is something she usually doesn't associate with soccer.  I'm a little concerned about this.

Kaitlyn on the other hand had to juggle tryouts for two clubs today and she's a little tense and tired.  She's gets easily frustrated when she messes up on the field but doesn't want to talk about it afterwards.  I feel bad for her in a way, but this will all work out when we get to actually choose the best team and club for her this weekend.  As for Cole, he seems impervious to it all.  Good for him.

There are about 10-12 rising U13 girls 'missing' from tryouts.  These are the one from the U12 Red and White teams who left as a group to go to HFC.  I heard they don't really even have to tryout since they'll all be put on the same team over there; all they have to do is show up at the tryouts.  There's now going to  be a big talent gap between Kings Courts top two teams and the next one.  KCSA is going to have some weak mid-level teams.  But that doesn't affect me.

Brittney talked to me last night about the upcoming dance.  I was out on the porch after dinner and she came out to have a cigarette.  She wanted to know how I felt about her going to the dance with Jamie.  I said I just wanted her to have fun at the dance and hang out with all her friends.  She was nervous about whether the school would let them dance to a slow song.  The lights never go too low and the chapperones walk around and make sure kids aren't dancing 'too close'.  She doesn't know how they'll react when she and Jamie slow dance.  God, I hadn't thought of that and I don't really want to.  I think it's best if I put that vision out of my head for at least a few days.  I told her not to worry about it.

Mark called and left me the name of his attorney.  I guess his weekend at the beach with Dorrie went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment