Saturday, May 4, 2013

Out of sync

We have a full weekend of soccer and it's all here at Kings Court.  Kaitlyn's U10 Gold team won the first game of their tournament 4-1 and it wasn't even that close.  She was solid but not spectacular.  However the team passed the ball a lot and finally looked like a real soccer team out there.  At least there are no ego's on the team; every girl wants to win and will do whatever it takes.  Good passes are just as important as goals to these girls.  I think this team could stay together for another year or two and end up being a top team in the state.  There's another game for Kaitlyn later this afternoon.

Brittney was another story.  She had her scrimmage against KCSA U13 Red and they won 5-3 but she didn't have a good game.  She was distracted by some of the older Kings Court girls who came over to watch.  About 4-5 girls, I think from the KCSA U14 or U15 teams, came over to watch Brittney and for some reason Britts couldn't focus on her own game.  At one point, in the middle of the game, Brittney was actually waving to these girls.  I wanted to walk on the field and pull her off myself.  Where was her sense of focus?  She needs to treat every game as a prelude to the upcoming tryouts.  You never know who's watching and taking notes.  But with all that's going on at home I let it slide. After the game she asked to hang out with these girls at Kings Court for the rest of the afternoon since they also have younger siblings in the tournament, so I let her go.  Maybe she can pick up some pointers from them.

With Cole at a friends house for the day I was off the hook for parental supervision.  I'm in the middle of spending the entire weekend at KCSA and I suddenly realized the whole complex is no smoking.  I never noticed that before but now it's very annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment