Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday's first call

I took the day off from work.  There's no way I could concentrate and be worthwhile.  Instead I camped out on the porch with a fresh box of cigarettes, an ashtray, the phone and trashy novel.  The first phone call came in about 15 minutes ago.  Kings Court called to say that Brittney and Kaitlyn both made their top teams; Brittney on U13 Gold - true U13 as they can't play up at U14 - and Kaitlyn on the U11 Gold team which will play up in the U12 age division.  Nothing less than I expected.  I accepted for Brittney and told them we would get back to them on Kaitlyn.  At that point the coach put the DOC on the phone and he asked why we were deferring our decision on Kaitlyn.  I was honest and said we are looking at other options for her but were happy to see she was strong enough at tryouts to make the Gold team at KCSA.  He said we had until noon tomorrow to either accept Kaitlyn's spot or they would fill it with someone else.  He gave me his cell phone number, which I already had, and said he hoped to hear from us soon that she would continue her soccer at Kings Court.  Noon was a firm deadline.  I just reminded him that we were locking Brittney into the top U13 team and said we'd call back by noon tomorrow with an update on Kaitlyn.  I asked about Cole but he said the boy's coaches would be making their phone calls soon enough.

So far so good.  Almost time for a celebratory drink!

1 comment:

  1. Phew. That was a close call -- you almost threw the game, but instead you played hard up until the whistle and pulled it through.

    ReplyDelete