Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday's third call

PCSL finally called.  I knew it was them when the phone rang.  They said they were very happy to see that Kaitlyn tried out for PCSL and were offering her a spot on their U11 Select team.  This isn't their top team - Elite is - but they thought she would be a great fit here and said Select was going to be a talented team next season.  They were considering having both Elite and Select play up at U12 but weren't sure yet.  The coach added that there were many new faces at tryouts and he thought maybe Kaitlyn's absense from Monday hurt her a little.  Plus he knew she was probably tired from the first round of tryouts at Kings Court.  He said all this before I could get a word in edgewise.  Then I thought about it all.  PCSL knows we tried out for KCSA.  They must also know she has an offer from KCSA's top team.  Yet they didn't put her on their own top team.  I definitely needed more time to process this so I told him we would get back to him.  I think he was a little surprised we didn't just accept right away but said we had until 9:00 tomorrow morning to let them know our decision.  He gave me his cell phone and email address.

But the more I thought about Cole and KCSA's decision about him the madder I got.  Cole's not at the level of those other kids on the Red team; he's a Silver team player.  I'm really thinking about having him try out for HFC during the supplemental tryouts next week.  That might teach KCSA a lesson.  And I'm also leaning towards having Kaitlyn go with PCSL.  It's not the highest team but it might have better talent.  I never thought I would bring myself to say that.

I'm not sure what to do about Cole and Kaitlyn.  And then I realized Brittneys' first big dance is just 4 hours away.  This is too much to process all at once.

2 comments:

  1. Don't do it...I heard through the grapevine that PCSL is replacing the select team coach with Dorrie...be warned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all a ploy by PCSL to get Kaitlyn off of the KCSA Gold team so they will be easier to beat next year. Don't bite!!

    ReplyDelete