Monday, May 13, 2013

Tryout week is here

I'm a nervous wreck.  Tryouts begin this week for Kings Court - and PCSL.  All of my kids will be on the fields being evaluated today through Thursday.  I'm usually pretty confident about these things; Brittney and Kaitlyn are certainly top players so in reality there's nothing to worry about.  But I just can't concentrate.  I've taken two cigarette breaks at work so far today and spent most of my work time writting this when I'm not daydreaming about the upcoming tryouts.  And I'm someone who just a few months ago used to mock people who smoked.  Speaking of which, I've got to work on Brittney.  She has a cigarette every morning before school and then as soon as she gets home she has one right away.  This is not good for someone going into the seventh grade.  I bet she and Jamie sneak out of school to have one as well.  I've go to look into the patch or something for her.  After tryouts.  How she has changed from early in the school year.  From a quiet, somewhat studious kid who had crushes on sixth-grade boys and lived for soccer to someone with an eigth-grade girlfriend who now 'likes' soccer and can't seem to go 2-3 hours without lighting up.  I can't make this stuff up.

But now it's Kaitlyn who's starting to worry me.  She's so quiet lately.  I did check-in with her teacher and her grades are still good, but apparently she's not hanging out with her friends as much at school anymore.  She's a loner, and when she gets home she goes staight to her bedroom and shuts the door.  I just don't know what to do.  There's enough stress in my life to cut with a knife.

However it'll all get better starting Friday when we get the phone calls.  Usually the soccer club notification phone calls come on Friday or early Saturday, and they give you 24 hours to committ.  I'm guessing PCSL is the same as Kings Court.  I decided to have Brittney try out for PCSL after all the recruiting they did of her this past season.  At least we can see what kind of talent they have for U13 going into next year, and then we can make up our mind.

And then there's the dance Friday night that keeps slipping my mind.  Maybe my stress will ease up Saturday instead of Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Favorite line ever....I can't make this stuff up. Lol. And no mention of Mark or Cole? Do you hate males?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with you.

    Marla

    ReplyDelete